Time to share some information:) I attended the diversity presentation hosted by Wedding Network Texas and given by Jenna Avery of Creatix Photography. Wow. I was writing so fast because there was a a ton of information so here we go:) If i miswrote something, don’t shoot the notetaker. It was an info packed presentation.
- There are over 80 recognized genders. Declare that you are divers on your social media.
- Your brand reflects your believes, and these should be on your front page. List pronouns in your signature.
- Remove “bride and groom” completely and replace with “couple”. A suggestion is to reference “dress wearers” or “suit wearers”.
- Make sure you add you are LGBT friendly on your website. Visit the wedding blog equally wed and state “we focus on inclusivity and are LGBT friendly”.
- Establish boundaries and preface with “are you?”
- If you are 100% female operated, list that.
- In your gallery, every 4 photos should be a diversity photo.
- Remain consistent with your message.
These were 8 HUGE takeaways from this incredible presentation. To find out more about Jenna Avery, visit her website at https://creatrixphotography.com/